View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 17:49   #5
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: superhub only works with wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
Is it possible I just have a faulty hub because nothing else makes sense.

I even put it in modem mode and still the same no connectivity symbol.

If I get a new hub and it happens again I am clueless even a few friends who know their way around this stuff havent got a clue,yet customer services keep insisting my pc is at fault,even though ive had the exact pc on 50Mb superhub before
yes it sounds liek you do havea faulty one techincall suport are wrong if more than 1 device isnt working and the device is confiremd workin on another connection then it the rotuer that at fault in this case shub

can you go to your pc and bring up the ip information and tell me what ip address it is i think you will find it is a 169.254.*.* address which means teh ports or dhcp isnt working but since your getting ip address on the wireless then it will mean teh ports are faulty

thenry suggested a 2waay to make sure youg et it replaced he wasnt suggesting it wasnt faulty

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
you wont know until you get a replacement SH. call vm again and tell them your power adapters making a high pitch noise.

unless all your ethernet cables suck... ?
mmm i forgot about that one, try the same ethernet cable on your mates/cousins and see if it works if it does then it beyond a doubt it is the shub
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote