View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 22:28   #124
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelstar View Post
Sorry if I was not clear. I actually have serious doubts as to whether it will happen due to the regulatory issues.

Having said the above, I know there is also quite serious interest in the deal between parties involved. Let's see how the Netherlands experiment works out.

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

It's not just the Fibre. It's the DOCSIS network. DOCSIS has recently been opened up in Australia as part of the NBM project so it is in the realms of possibility.
DOCSIS (HFC) hasn't only recently been opened up in Australia. NBN was a project to transform broadband access and forced utilties providers to offer access through the exsiting duct/cable systems and then offload at the Edge network, this started pre 2010 and HFC access has been in play since 2010. In Australia you can have (for example) Telstra cable at home but be able to choose either Telstra or NBN for your connection, different CPE required and then the handover happens at the Edge network (CMTS). NBN also has access to proprietary FTTP and FTTN connections as well as upgraded a lot of existing copper plant to a mix of FTTP and VDSL2.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote