View Single Post
Old 22-11-2017, 11:44   #872
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
You mistake me for someone who does. I have never taken what some of the Remainers have said, literally and I never will.
Well, critical thinking, analysing information, producing hypotheses and being able to change opinions in light of new evidence are what raises us above the beasts and is a great thing.

I for one always try to get more than one source of evidence and try and avoid sources that are a) biased and b) unacceptable to some. So, for example, I always avoid quoting articles from The Guardian. I would also put The Independent, The Express, The Mail and Order Order in that bucket. There are usually elements of truth but the spin and cherry picking is clear. I would however quote sources from academia (London School of Economics as an example) or organisations that drive public policy (ONS and OECD for example)