View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 10:57   #169
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I really do not understand your confusion.

Yes, the question was indeed 'in or out'.

Given we voted out, we must leave the EU, the Common Market and the Customs Union in order that leaving the EU as set out can be achieved.

Therefore, the choice now is between a negotiated Brexit with a GB/EU deal, or a so-called hard Brexit with no deal. Which it will be will be determined through the negotiations, and Theresa May has pledged to get the best deal for Britain.

So where is the confusion, exactly? No-one can say more with any credibility, because we are in negotiations.

It seems to me the real confusion arises because so many people don't seem to know what a negotiation is. I'm sure that a lot of people think it isva 'demand' which must be accepted without question!

I think most of them know full well but won't miss an opportunity to paint what is common to all serious negotiations as flawed UK strategy and use it to further their aim to overturn the referendum outcome. It's perfectly evident that they don't and never will accept the outcome so they'll carry on raising whatever objections they can simply in order to get what they want.

We all know that much of the UK's GDP growth has been based on large scale immigration which is unsustainable. This has come at great cost to ordinary working people who've seen their wages depressed, their services come under pressure and the neighbourhoods change out of all recognition. Leaving the EU isn't like taking another job in the same building/same hours/same commuting etc. but with a 20% increase in salary. Being better off isn't just about cash and any increase in prosperity might take time to happen but that's life and when we voted we all knew perfectly well what life in the EU meant.

Last edited by Osem; 22-09-2017 at 11:05.