View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 11:57   #168
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
So what's the best outcome in your opinion? Hard Brexit, no trade deal? I think most people accept the result of the referendum but the question posed was 'in' or 'out'. There is no clear definition of what 'out' is. The ultimate hard Brexit would be sever all ties - legal, structural, regulatory but even then, we would need to negotiate with the WTO to set tariff schedules which then would involve negotiating with all WTO members.

Saying everything is going to be alright isn't enough. People want assurance that we will be better off with hard facts, not political platitudes
I really do not understand your confusion.

Yes, the question was indeed 'in or out'.

Given we voted out, we must leave the EU, the Common Market and the Customs Union in order that leaving the EU as set out can be achieved.

Therefore, the choice now is between a negotiated Brexit with a GB/EU deal, or a so-called hard Brexit with no deal. Which it will be will be determined through the negotiations, and Theresa May has pledged to get the best deal for Britain.

So where is the confusion, exactly? No-one can say more with any credibility, because we are in negotiations.

It seems to me the real confusion arises because so many people don't seem to know what a negotiation is. I'm sure that a lot of people think it is a 'demand' which must be accepted without question!

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
In the short term we will not be better off the prosperity from exiting the EU won't come for possibly a decade depending on what trade deals are currently being worked on. In terms of what out meant, to everyone i know who voted in the referendum out meant completely disengaged from the EU and only a trade deal connecting us to the EU. Right now both sides of the negotiating table are pretty lousy and both are approaching the negotiations with unreasonable ideas, the EU's side is trying hard to look as though there isn't an element of punishing the UK for leaving when the rhetoric of some eurocrats clearly shows that's an aspect for them and on the UK side we have a government that has to abide by the referendum but doesn't really want too leading to no clear direction or proper handling of important issues.

It's a mess but it's a mess created by both sides there is no one side being better then the other and right now the only thing this has done is further cemented the publics low opinion of politicians.
It's not the mess you think it is. It's a negotiation. Being the first stage of the negotiation, it's posturing time. The serious bits come later.

There is no basis for your claim that it will take a decade before we achieve increased prosperity from leaving the EU, although it is good to see that you recognise that increased prosperity will result. But we will not lose at all if Theresa May succeeds in getting a trade deal with the EU, and this is what most Remainers don't seem to want to take into account.