View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 22:57   #47
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Benefit cuts are fuelling abuse of disabled people, say charities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
We not talking about housing benefit martyh we talking about the treatment of the disabled, who yes may well also claim housing benefit but thats not the main point of discussion.

17% since 2000 is through the roof?

You dont come across as someone who is neutral.

The most credible figures state less than 1% is fraud so the cuts eat into non fraudelent claims, meaning what you said isnt credible. What you have just said to me is that you find not raising taxes and other services as more important that the welfare of the vulnerable. Thank you for confirming that. Alot more truthful than just "we cant afford it".
Well since you can't be bothered to read anytink that goes against your view i don't see why i should be bothered to debate with such a blinkered individual,but just so you know and this is from the link you i supplied which didn't read

The government figure for incapacity benefit fraud has leapt from £10m to £60m but it's still laughably small. One single sentencing session for single person benefit frauds in Merseyside identified frauds approaching £1m. That's just 21 claimants for one type of benefit in one authority area.
Two out of three claimants for the new employment and support allowance fail. If we cautiously assume that even one third of those on incapacity benefit should not be there, that alone represents a figure of £2.2bn.