View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:08   #6
Mimar
Inactive

Services: Series 1 Tivo - 50 Meg Net - 1 V+HD box - XL Phone - XL Tv - (Dormant Sky HD) Virgin Tivo
Mimar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V+HD vs new Tivo?

I think its always been difficult to explain the benefits of TiVo in writing but a lot easier to demo to friends, especially after Sky plus was launched and people were a bit more aware.

For me, its always been about the basics plus the advantage of the intelligent system built in.

For example, it allows you to prioritise the programs that you like and will then go out of its way to ensure they are all recorded.

If say House was on at 9pm and Ncis was also on at 9pm and Ncis was higher in your order of preferred shows it would record Ncis . . . . but then it realises Ncis is repeated at 01.00am so it would record House at 9pm and also pick up Ncis at its later time ensuring it avoids the clash but also records both shows. This is of course just an example as twin or triple tuners will allow for most clashes to be avoided but they do still happen and its the way TiVo learns to fix these issues (by itself) that quickly teaches you to have faith in it.

Its great to find it has also recorded a rock documentary (on an obscure channel) that you were unaware was listed but it has picked it up anyway because you watched an Old Grey Whistle Test special four weeks ago.

Mimar.
Mimar is offline   Reply With Quote