View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 23:36   #5
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold
Re: V+HD vs new Tivo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHoyle View Post
And yes, Tivo is worth it. With a Tivo you view TV in a different way - instead of worrying about things like schedules and channels you can just look at what's available, watch some, thumb them up/down and never have to look at the EPG.. that's Tivo's job.. like a personal butler.

(getting deja vu.. I had this conversation hundreds of times 10 years ago except then the question was 'Why is Tivo better than my VCR?')
Thanks for the detail, that helps a lot. Have you owned V+HD? I can appreciate comparing TiVo to sky+ would seem like a massive leap but V+ is so far in advance of Sky+ anyway.

For instance, the actor thing sounds clever but not really useful. The telling me stuff I might like is interesting, although personally with the narrow interest I have, I know what I want to watch thru other means, and I never miss stuff others have watched.

It really doesn't sound that much more than V+, and that's still the comparison I'm after (hence the thread title).

The UI looks so much nicer than V+, and I really want to get one, but I need justification with features, so come on VM, help me out!
Boz
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote