View Single Post
Old 20-12-2016, 06:04   #2477
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
So finally you agree with me, these new boxes are going to kill the bandwidth for everyone else.

I seem to recall me being slapped down earlier as being ridiculous because the V6 takes all of it's data feed from the coax and the ip connection was purely for command and control.

Oh dear...2 million V6's x 100 mbps = 2x10^14 bits per second. Yes, I know they aren't all on my segment but they are all going back to the core at some point.

They only use the broadband connection for a return path, I.E watching BBC I player, the exact same as a normal tivo. There will be no change to bandwidth apart from the fact 4k is now an option.

There will be less noise in the network as in the future only the modem will be sending rf back through the network the v6 just receives rf. Moving to v6 is a good thing
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote