View Single Post
Old 30-11-2019, 09:53   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Welsh 16 year olds get the vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
They’d better all learn that funny language then!

But more seriously (and it is good to preserve ancient languages), 16 year olds have no basis of worldly experience on which to make valid judgements. It is a very dangerous thing to give kids the vote. Even 18 is questionable seeing how those idiots seem to be flocking to Corbyn.

At that age, I too voted Labour just because I couldn’t see why toffs should be so rich. It quickly became apparent when I got my first mortgage why we should strive to better ourselves financially and why the Unions needed bringing under control - hence I switched to Conservative where I have remained.

A new Govt. will take a 16 year old, up to the age of 21. Arguably the most important time of their lives? Why shouldn't they have a say? Give them a bit of credit, they are your future.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote