View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 13:56   #224
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I can't quite understand why the rotation of the wheels on the car cannot be used to generate the energy needed to replenish the battery. But then again, I always knew I'd never be a rocket scientist!
Electric/Hybrid cars already sort of do this but on breaking: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/blog/mag...rative-braking

I think this is also roughly how alternators work but in that case some of the energy from the fuel is being put into the battery, here it wouldn't make sense because you would just the looping it from the battery and back into the battery. Instead electric cars look at conserving energy in other ways such as the breaking.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote