View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 09:33   #211
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
... and what happens if/when their 2040 deadline is there and the required national infrastructure isn't? Providing enough charging points is going to be a massive task and it wouldn't surprise me if half way through the hugely costly and protracted process they drop the whole thing in favour of something else. Remember it was only a couple of years ago that they were cajoling people into buying diesel cars. I bought one and now I'm a pariah...

You keep drawing analogies with phones and the internet - if they don't start digging up roads and putting in charging points soon it'll be too late. If they can come up with a way to charge up cars wirelessly via the internet maybe they have a chance...
Our previous history on a good many huge infrastructure projects does not make for good reading.