View Single Post
Old 18-09-2012, 00:14   #11
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: is 3 uk network any good? thinking of getting an iphone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
to be honest depends where u are?
where i live its bloddy fast.. infact its quicker than virgin media..
Cambridge. The Three postcode checker alleges I'll have a great signal at home and work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
im disapointed with the upgrade offers for iphone5. you may aswell get a new contract..
I don't think upgrade offers have ever been great for the iPhone... Or even what you could call "offers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
You don't have to go to Orange to upgrade.
I usually just peruse the carphone warehouse website for a cheap deal, plus their handsets come unbranded unlike with Orange, with their Orange branding all over them
No branding issues with the iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
If you're on Orange already you'd have to be pretty desperate to save money to move to 3.

Most likely threatening to leave will get you a better deal out of your current network.

As for 3 - there's absolutely no advantage to their network these days (they lost most of that with the T-Mobile merger). Coverage you'll be better on EE, capacity you'll be better on EE, reliability you'll be better on EE, and not to mention the iPhone 5 will (supposedly) not work on 4G on any network other EE anytime soon and will only ever work if they turn off parts of their 2G or 3G networks.
No supposedly about it.

The iPhone 5 supports LTE bands 1, 3 and 5.

EE will be using band 3 (1800MHz). Three will eventually be able to use it, as it bought some of EE's spectrum, but not until September 2013.

The bands being auctioned by Ofcom for LTE are not 1, 3, or 5. No matter what O2 and the rest end up with, the iPhone 5's LTE won't support it.

If/when Ofcom ever allows band 1 (2.1GHz) to be re-farmed for LTE we'll probably be on the iPhone 7S... by then there'd hopefully be wider LTE support anyway!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19586067
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote