View Single Post
Old 20-09-2011, 19:20   #12
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Ugly exterior cable installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizza View Post
I'm not demanding cables in all the colours of the rainbow

Just white as well as black.

Besides, like I said: I didn't realise the whole building would be wired. I thought they'd just extend the fibre optic to a box in our front garden, and then anyone subscribing would be wired up thereafter.

I'm a customer, not an expert, so it would've been nice if Virgin had discussed these matters with me and fully explained what installation involves.

Virgin Media should anticipate these problems because it is their business.

My friend installs sliding doors and one of his customers wanted a grey one. My friend looked at the block and saw that all the other doors and windows were white and advised the customer to check the covenants of the building. Turned out, all the doors had to be white.

So my friend, using his expertise, advised the customer, and the correct solution was arrived at.

According to your logic, if my mate worked for Virgin Doors, or whatever, he could've just stuck in the grey doors and if the customer complained, said: "I don't have a crystal ball.. paint it white" lol.

It's their business to anticipate these things!!!!!!!!!!!!
All houses and customers are different, so they can't anticipate every possible scenario. You know your scenario, so it is up to you to ask.

If you were ordering a door, then you would specify the colour. It's not up to the company to guess.

I'm afraid this is all down to you not asking enough questions, but you are trying to blame someone else.