View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 14:39   #8
gerdav
cf.member

gerdav is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: V+HD vs new Tivo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Thanks for the detail, that helps a lot. Have you owned V+HD? I can appreciate comparing TiVo to sky+ would seem like a massive leap but V+ is so far in advance of Sky+ anyway.

For instance, the actor thing sounds clever but not really useful. The telling me stuff I might like is interesting, although personally with the narrow interest I have, I know what I want to watch thru other means, and I never miss stuff others have watched.

It really doesn't sound that much more than V+, and that's still the comparison I'm after (hence the thread title).

The UI looks so much nicer than V+, and I really want to get one, but I need justification with features, so come on VM, help me out!
Boz
This may sound dumb but here are a few comparisons non tv related and its kind of the same thing with TIVO and V+, first of all most households more than likely have a oven with your main oven and a top oven that doubles as a grill, but also have a toaster, also we all likely have gas/electric hobs but also a kettle, like i said these sound dumb comparison as we are all used to having a kettle and toaster but do we really need them? as you can make toast in the grill and boil water on your hobs.

A second more technological comparison is this, back in the summer I bought a iPad, I have a laptop and desktop in the house and a iPhone, and I can say this honestly nobody needs a iPad, but after owning one for four months I couldn't live without it now.

The simple answer is this nobody needs a TIVO box but like kettles, toaster's or in my case iPad's once you get one you wonder how you ever got by without it, TIVO is a luxury item, if you have got the money to buy one you wont regret it, but at the same time is it worth going short to get one, probably not as like you say you can watch all the same programmes on your current box now, and at the end of the day that why we subscribe.
gerdav is offline   Reply With Quote