Thread: Tivo V6 Sky Cinema Question
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 12:21   #10
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Sky Cinema Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
I've subscribed to Sky Cinema since about a year, so have no experience of how things were "before", but I've got a couple of particular gripes with the current offering.

1: I don't know how much of the archive library is HD&SD on Sky, compared with SD-only on Virgin. Their website also seems a little unclear on this point so I suspect they have the same setup as VM - HD for a certain amount of time after first-aired then SD only..but others may know for sure.. but I would like to see the proportion increase as VM's HD stuff seems pretty limited overall.

2: Error-319. I've had an open fault with VM-VOD since quite a few weeks for numerous HD-OD films giving the dreaded-error-319. Yes, I could easily record the films in question - and if I desperately want to watch a particular title I will. But not every film in the OD listing is being shown on the channels very often, and besides - it's quite clearly a problem in the VOD service that does seem to be taking months to resolve.

On that second point, at least now that VM have got this problem openly on the status page it feels like half the battle and even if the fix date keeps being put back, at least you know it's an ongoing problem. But I'm not sure whether the VOD people have a reliable way of knowing which titles are not working and therefore may need an individual fix - so it's a fortnightly or forum-based rigmarole of logging them.

That is damn frustrating.
To answer your questions

1 - On a proper Sky box at 2 of my families they have all films in SD and HD to download to their box. I have never seen 1 that was SD only and it just works. Select it starts downloading and after a few seconds typically it will let you start playing it.
18 months ago all Sky Movies films were available through VM On Demand. I even find a couple that were not and reported them through twitter and they sorted it within a day or 2 and credited me a few quid back for the hassle.
The website is not the same as HD as a web version does not exist I don't think.

2 - 319 has been there regularly since September. It is that flakey I have given up on it for now until some fix is put in place.

I received an email saying we now have access to 75 new box sets courtesy of Sky for the likes of things like Lucky Man. I would rather then got the service back to how it was before taking up more space with old stuff.
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote