View Single Post
Old 24-08-2012, 19:59   #1049
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
Yes, bought the magazine like i usually do and it is TiVo only and they expect an android app in 2013, you will be able to watch Live TV in rleation to what package you are on, what it doesn't say is if you will be able to watch Live Sky Sports.....
Just read the article in the shop, no way I was paying £4.75!

So my understanding is this will launch as an app this Autumn compatible with iPhone and iPad from launch. The Android version will launch early 2013.

It's for TiVo customers only and will be completely free. Users can set recordings, watch live TV based on their current TV package and access on demand content. My understanding is watching recorded programmes from your TiVo box won't be a function available from launch, but will be added soon after.

Like DaMac has suggested, no mention of being able to watch SKY channels live.

Interestingly the article suggests this app and service is one of the reasons Virgin are currently upgrading and doubling their broadband service.

I'd say the article is only about 500 words long. Go read it in your local WH Smith like I did

Oh almost forgot, the article also suggests the app will be geared up for social networking whilst viewing so you can like programmes and discuss them with other viewers live.