View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 23:27   #7
Shaun
Inactive

Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Shaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny starShaun has a nice shiny star
Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Anyone had it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post
I had it done Jan 2010 at my local Optimax... I got Intralase Wavefront LASIK treatment from Optimax 9
I had the same treatment.

Laser to cut the flap and ablate the tissue.

Best 2.5k I ever spent. I have no issues with aberrations since having it done but some people do.....less people report issues if they have the flap cut with the laser than the microtome, Wavefront also seems to help reduce the aberrations.

Admars is right, if you get on their email list they start to send you offers when the local clinic is having a slow period. I haggled too and got them down from 4.5 to 2.5.

You really can't feel the procedure and afterwards I was just on Paracetamol for a day, I didn't even need the anaesthetic eye drops.

Had it done on the Thursday PM, returned on the Friday to have the protective contacts removed and was back at work Friday PM.

It's been 3 years and my vision is as good as it was the day after they did it. I hope it lasts many years.

HTH
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote