View Single Post
Old 18-01-2008, 16:45   #7
3dmad
Inactive

3dmad is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Really dumb Virgin VBox installing question

First off, thx everyone for your help ( If only you could get this kind of help on the phone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
call them and ask? i would have expected the installer to have checked that the box worked though
Humm! If only it was that simple. I've phoned a number of times, and been transferred from one department to another and received no actually constructive helpful advice. Most of the time I'm just left hanging on the phone for 40+ minutes or so.

I actually installed the box myself, so sadly I can't blame the installer, well i guess i could but i'm not going to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
When this happens can you see a flashing green light inside the box ?
I checked for this but couldn't see any green light inside the box .

I've tried turning it off and on at the mains and still it will not come off standby. I don't have a smart card, so I'm now wondering if i need one or not. Of cause this kind of technically information is unavailable over the phone.

I have managed to get a message coming up on the tv if i hold the standby button down for a few seconded then release it. The message say's something like "standby your digital service will start shortly" then u c the display on the vbox say "Ld:30" then "Ld:40" then it shows the incorrect time again and a blank screen on the tv. Throughout the whole process the standby button still stays red/orange.
3dmad is offline   Reply With Quote