Old 10-04-2024, 17:49   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Contract renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kered10 View Post
Well, that has been a bit of a trial!
I had my fourth phone call to them today, the second time I've tried selecting the cancellation option. Explained my package and the email promise of same package, clicking through to find quite different. He went away and eventually returned to offer £176 discounted to £144 (£66 since 17 months ago!)
I said that wasn't any help and he put me through to "tier 2," a helpful chap in England instead of India. I was slightly wary of his knowledge when he said TV360 was fine, just a new remote (when I believe I'd lose current recordings) but eventually I've accepted my existing package for £76, £10 increase, but after 50 minutes, I was worn down.
In my opinion that's exactly why they do it, there can be no other explanation for the way that they treat their customers.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kered10 View Post
Just a wee follow-up question for those in the know.
My new contract email confirmation at £76 is dated 3rd April. When I log in to my VM account and click on view contract it still displays the previous £66 contract dated November 2022.
Can anybody reassure me that this is just for the 14 day cooling off period and then it will update, or is this an indication that the whole thing has failed to be implemented?
Be careful everyone. I had a call from that offshore call centre, they inflated what my prise rise would be, again claimed that if I took the offer I would escape the price rise in April, that I would have double the broadband speed (that I don't need) and have Sky Cinema added as Mega TV includes this I mentioned TNT as they didn't and was told that I could continue to have it at no extra cost.

I don't trust them as they have told me so many lies just to get what they want and xhecked with my contact at the office of the CEO.

He called me back this morning and confirmed that, apart from the doubling of broadband, that it was all a load of rubbish.

Also very manipulative as she started the call with "We are going to upgrade you to Mega TV", to which I replied that she wouldn't be doing anything without my permission. When I asked how the same channels less TNT could in any way be described as an upgrade, she said I'd be getting extra channels. When asked which ones she began reeling off channels that I get anyway. I asked her to stop and provide details of which new channels I would get and this is when she lied and said that Mega TV includes Sky Cinema.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote