View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 10:45   #153
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I don't want any more of this nonsense. I want us to get our economy back on an even keel, making decisions in line with the wishes of the people of this country, investing in the right things and developing our trade with the rest of the world, which is what we do best as a country.
I'm afraid a major, major problem is that making decisions in line with the wishes of the people doesn't necessary go alongside getting the economy back on an even keel, investing in the right things or developing global trade.

One of the most unpopular policies from the last election was intended to get the economy back on an even keel and people rarely vote for tax rises or spending cuts.

As far as what we do best goes the world is very, very different from the pre-EEC days, the UK economy is very, very different and what our trade partners want from us is very, very different.

It's also debatable whether the will of the people as it stands now is pro-globalisation.

Are you in favour of the UK going along the lines of Singapore, would you prefer the UK to become more of a social democracy, or do you envisage it remaining roughly as it is in terms of the balance between state and private sector, and the level of regulation?

The words sound great, what is your vision to achieve them?