View Single Post
Old 29-06-2009, 00:25   #798
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
re: The iPhone thread

Re. the "Find my iPhone"... Pity though that you have to subscribe to MobileMe.

I get free OTA sync'ing of my Contacts & Calendar with Google Sync, & free email with Google Mail (IMAP at the moment for the iPhone but hopefully they'll do Push soon), and I have no need of the online storage or gallery stuff, not for £59 per year. "Find My iPhone" could obviously be useful, but it's not something I'd pay that much for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky View Post
Can I ask what tariff you're on Matt?

I think I remember seeing you can buy an iPhone bolt on for £10/month. Can you just add that to a £10/month simplicity deal?
I'm on the O2 45 Pay Monthly iPhone tariff, although once it's been 9 months I'll be downgrading to O2 35. I only went for the O2 45 'cos it knocked another £100 off the cost of the phone.

I don't think they do iPhone bolt-ons. For an actual iPhone tariff, you need one of the iPhone Pay Monthly tariffs or the iPhone Pay & Go. The Pay Monthly tariffs come with Unlimited Web & WiFi. Pay & Go comes with 12 months free Unlimited Web & WiFi (after 12 months it costs £10/month if you want to keep the bolt-on). I think it's only Pay Monthly that comes with Visual Voicemail.

The texts & minutes on the iPhone tariffs are of course not very generous when compared to a normal tariff, or to something like Simplicity...

For Simplicity, what looks like a good deal is to go for the £20/month option, as that comes with a free inclusive bolt-on... so for the iPhone an obvious bolt-on to choose would be Unlimited Web.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote