Thread: Streaming The Book of Boba Fett
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 21:34   #34
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The Book of Boba Fett

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
yes

We are only 2 eps in so I am willing to acknowledge that there is plenty more to see and something may happen which results in him regressing and returning to a more ruthless Mandalorian but I can't see it happening. They have taken a character which has a certain background, image and reputation and are trying to completely change him and do something different with the character. It is just doesn't work and would be better suited to a previously unknown character so we can get to know him and watch him grow every week but if they did that they wouldn't be able to put "Bobba Fett" in the title and far fewer people would watch it.
He isn’t going to regress. They have very heavily trailed the key line of dialogue “I intend to rule with respect” which exists in the “now”, and they are exploring lengthy flashbacks to his recent “then”, which show exactly why he’s even interested in ruling a portion of Tatooine at all, and why he is interested in doing so respectfully.

I don’t understand why you think you know anything about Boba Fett that prevents his story being developed in this way. Prior to his appearance in The Mandalorian, he had had less than 7 minutes of screen time and spoke just 4 lines of dialogue. And, as a bounty hunter, he was more tolerable to the authorities than Han Solo was as a smuggler and quick-shooter, so even within the two-dimensional characterisation he is given in the original trilogy there’s actually a whole massive grey area to explore.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote