View Single Post
Old 16-03-2017, 14:33   #2697
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
In 2014, Brent oil was twice the price it is today. If in 2014, it had been an Independent vote, it would have been a more comfortable, prosperous time.

But now I believe Brent Oil is now around $48.50 a Barrel, that's a $150 Billion black hole that would need to be filled on day one of a Scottish Independence. They would also be out of the EU, they would be out of the NATO alliance and once they were accepted back in to the EU, they would have to adopt the Euro. Now rejoining will not be so easy, Spain will be twitching their noses and have already said, Scotland will be at the back of the Queue.
As I said I think it's 50/50 if they'll go Independent but I also we have a better chance if we do it whilst their case is weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It looks increasingly as if they're thinking about legislating for a referendum with a sunrise clause, so it can't happen before a certain date. 2020 is the very earliest they would allow it, it seems, however I think a date in 2021 is worth an each-way bet. That would make it the key issue of the next Holyrood election.
Maybe the Tories will get enough seats to prevent a SNP majority but with Corbyn being as useless as he is, and possibly even campaigning for a Yes vote, I think it won't help much.

I think May should have announced what you said though. The way she has done makes it easy for the Nats to spin it as the referendum being blocked.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote