View Single Post
Old 14-01-2011, 17:40   #10
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Virgin Media Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3616 View Post
Corporate Giant laughs all the way to the bank!
Options
on 14-01-2011 16:54

I'm a patient guy but even I have got to the end of my tether with VM! My experience with VM "customer care " goes from the laughable to the unbelievable! I have been a VM customer for over 12 years (!), I can't say it has been a smooth road because it never has but the last 6 months have been just INCREDIBLE! The first serious mess was when VM took over NTLworld.com a few years back. I'd had an email account with NTL for 9 years and had absolutely no problems with them at all. That soon changed when VM came along! Suddenly I could not access my NTL account, I had years worth of files etc I had carefully stored plus passwords, accesses and so on. I called VM on 150 to resolve the problems and was passed to and fro until I gave up. Months later they did get my NTL account back up and running with every scrap of saved data deleted!

There were many occasions when the Internet wireless failed, then failed again, I phoned them (it was becoming a full-time occupation) firstly they refused to help due to the wireless router being D-Link. I must say here I was picking up a working knowledge of the Hindi language, which is essential if you want to understand anything VM's "Customer Service" people are saying! That said I was on the phone to them after dialling 150 on my VM landline and the guy was soooo helpful (it turned out that somehow I'd been patched through to BT)!! Eventually, about 6 months ago they sent me a hub and guess what, followed the instructions and it still didn't work!

Then it went from the ridiculous to the incredible! I am disabled and completely deaf and use the phone very rarely through the TypeTalk service. For the last 3 years my calls have been between £5 and £8 per month. Then suddenly my calls went up to £55+/month! I complained and was sent round in circles until eventually someone decided it was a ridiculous amount to charge a man who virtually never uses the phone! The following month was the same. I asked for an itemised bill, they tried charging me £2.50 on top of the fifty odd quid I didn't owe! It just went on and on each month.

Now the truth is I had free evening and weekend calls and spend most week days away from home. There is absolutely NO WAY those calls came from my phone! When I was fobbed off and sent round and and round eventually VM told me it could be investigated but if it 'was found those calls DID come from my phone I would be charged £250 for the investigation!' By this time I'd had enough (yes, even me!) I closed my account and went to Sky, replacing everything VM had provided for 13 years. Now they have set Moorcroft Debt on me to retrieve money I don't owe them!

Isn't there some kind of independent policing for corporate giants like these who don't give a hoot for the average customer?
Send an email to the CEO's office addressed to Neil Berkett in plain language outlining all that you have said above especially the part about your disability and wait for a response from a member of his team.

email neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk this email address is in the public domain and freely available.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote