View Single Post
Old 25-08-2012, 10:35   #1060
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Whilst I am aware this could quickly turn into a Sky v VM fight (and I hope it does not)
Why should it people should be glad other platforms up their game as in the long run they'll start to feel the benefits.

Here's some examples

Sky+ gave the cable co's the incentive to launch the 3 tuner TV Drive

Cables OD service forced Sky to launch Anytime+

Sky+ app (remote record) resulted in VM TIVO adding this feature

VM TIVO undelete feature resulted in Sky adding this feature to new EPG

VM & BT Vision catchup has resulted in Sky announcing a catchup service (rumoured for September)

Sky Go has pushed VM to announce TV Anywhere

Netflix HD streaming has resulted in Lovefilm introducing HD streaming

Netflix arrival has meant competition for Lovefilm and the introduction of Sky's Now TV.

Basically my point is competition is good for us the consumers.