View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 11:36   #701
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77 & 102]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It is usually after the card number though not before it on most web forms when paying by credit card. But even so...

I thought they couldn't read or intercept encrypted data anyway. Which this data will be.

A CVS is useless without the full 16 digit card number. The two sets of 4 digits for the start and expiry date.
After watching the video a few times he is very uneasy when answering certain questions, to me this is where he is holding back on the truth. If they can supply such information to try and trick people into using this then you canot trust anything they do. It is also so easy to update scripts withing a package without the EU knowing and before long they have your whole life details from bank to medical..

As for where I would go if this was implemented, some express a fear of the BT network this needs to be looked at as it stands now.

BT is split into more than one company.

BT openreach.

Deals with faults fitting new lines and such the Engineers side.

BT Wholesale.

Supplies BB to other companies.

BT Retail.

This is where phorm is supposed to be beta tested.

I am going to email Ben to ask him if there is any chance that phorm will be used on the BT wholesale side aswell as the retail.