View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 12:42   #1059
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthspeaker View Post
I ring Microsoft he said wait for 2 or 3 days. if not still working ring again
Yep my M-ITX system is back on Windows 8.1 at the moment, and then going to upgrade it to Windows 10 as although I did a back up previously I forgot I have no DVD drive in that system and my external one, is broke so I cannot use that.

Called Microsoft this morning to get my ITX system activated and they told me that my key had been blocked, for multiple activation attempts failing and that I would need to buy a new key, as soon as I refused I was told to wait 2 to 7 days for the system to be fixed and try again.

I am sorry but how can a company like Microsoft not understand, that a Windows 7/8/8.1 key will not activate a Windows 10 OS and that you need a Windows 10 key.

Microsoft could have saved themselves a whole heap of issues by just emailing people a Product Key, and saying to use that to activate your copy of Windows 10, but then again Microsoft and Common Sense don't go together that well.