View Single Post
Old 27-07-2013, 02:53   #319
pop_gun
Inactive

pop_gun is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

I spoke to a company called Cnet training about a certified network cable installer course. The course cost £2,400. Here is the e-mail I got from them

Quote:
Thanks for your enquiry,
The Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI) course is a 2 week program based at our training centre in Bury st Edmunds.
The first week covers the installation, handling, termination and theory or copper cabling with week 2 covering the same but for fibre optic cable. For a more detailed overview please see our infrastructure brochure attached.
On completion of the course you will gain the following industry recognised qualifications:
City & Guilds 3667-02 covering Copper & Fibre plus a BTEC Level 3 Copper and BTEC Level 3 Fibre. The BTEC qualifications are very important because they are based on a practical assessment, a case study and an exam rather than just an exam as with City & Guilds. These BTEC's are only available from CNet and will give you qualifications that are much more relevant to the industry than just the standard City & Guilds qualification.
You will also gain the CNCI certification, you may not have heard of this previously, but over the next 12 months this is something we will be pushing heavily to create an industry standard for network installers. By doing this course you will be able to use the CNCI letters after your name and be ready certified meaning it will open up more possibilities for you when the certification starts appearing on job specs and tenders etc.
If you would like to book a place on the course I would just need you to complete the attached application form and take a £100 deposit, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to contact me.
My question is will I get my foot in the door if I complete this course? I'm in my 30's so apprenticeships are out. Is anyone in the same boat as me?
pop_gun is offline   Reply With Quote