View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 14:17   #11
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
Re: PS3 to surround sound

Update;

i tried what was suggested but the only sound that came out of the tv through the optical cable was the V+, and not the ps3. Even though the tv was on the PS3 channel, and no matter what source i set the tv to, the output to the optical cable from the tv never altered

current configuration is

PS3 > hdmi > TV
TV > Optical > Amp

So now the only sound that can be heard through the amp is from the V+ which is connected via HDMI, regardless of what source you are viewing any ideas what to try next.

i cant understand why the audio being transmitted from the TV optical out, doesnt change when you alter the source you want to view, eg switch from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 on the TV
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote