View Single Post
Old 16-03-2008, 15:48   #1
DeanC
Inactive

DeanC is an unknown quantity at this point
Connecting PS3 to the internet..

I am a total amateur when it comes to connecting things up and stuff - I even had trouble connecting my two computers together - but I am thinking of buying a PS3. I know some of these questions might be really basic knowledge to some of you, so could you please enlighten me if possible..

I currently have 8MB Tiscali Broadband (not wireless) and I have it running through two computers. (the main computer with the modem, connected using an 'ethernet' cable I think it is to my computer). I've read around and I heard you can connect your PS3 simply through an ethernet cable, but you won't be able to use the computer at the same time.

Is there any way I could use all 3 at the same time through the same internet connection? ie. two computers and the PS3? If so, how please and also would it be possible on my current internet connection without having to switch to anything different? I've heard of a router but I couldn't work out if I could actually use it with my current internet connection and all.

Thanks in advance for any help.
DeanC is offline   Reply With Quote