View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 15:31   #15
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Parts of UK to have hosepipe ban

Our local aquifer fed ponds have been empty since late last year and that's the first time I've ever seen them all empty in well around 25 years. I'm not sure if it's ever happened before but we know quite a lot of people who've lived in this area far longer than us and nobody I've spoken to has known the situation to be this bad at this time of year.

What with the problem of building on flood plains etc. and various infrastructural issues, it does rather highlight the consequences of continuing to concrete over the SE and allowing it's population to mushroom.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote