View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 17:07   #706
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Jeez nothing - It is not double standards at all. If DJT is given a budget to travel, and to carry the Secret Service that protects him then, what is the issue? None at all.

The issue here is. The current serving President is spending time, a lot of time, I might add by the way and money, while in Office, campaigning for a candidate under FBI Investigation. Am I the only one who finds that troubling ? Or again are those rose tinted specs for Hillary, blindling folk again, seems to be the case.
Obamas political party pay a large part of the bill for air force one during campaigning ,in the case of the Charlotte trip Clintons campaign will pay the full reimbursement fee ,Trump on the other hand continues to spend tax payer money needlessly because he insists on using his own personal jets instead of more practical planes .What this means for those that aren't Trump fanboys is that because Trumps plane seats so few the bulk of the passengers are secret service agents which means the secret pay for most of travel costs hence the tax payer is gifting Trump free travel ,incidentally the companies that run the planes that the secret service are paying for are owned by guess who .
Don't forget as well that Clinton is the wife of a former president so qualifies for secret service protection

Quote:
Am I the only one who finds that troubling
I find it very troubling that Trump is so cavalier with tax payer money ,thank you for raising the issue ,it should be noted that Trump has had secret service protection for half as long as Clinton but spent nearly the same amount of tax payer money