View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 10:17   #1240
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: [Update] The News Corp scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
It's relative to the post above mine where denphone quotes “Former Downing Street director of communications Alastair Campbell has said that the press is "frankly putrid in many of its elements", adding that newspapers consider coverage of the lives of celebrities as "public service

Virgin Media being part of the media, and presumably providing what people want to see on it's Homepage, must leave even you wondering if education has failed the masses... case in point, today's top story on the Homepage “Simon Cowell will be back on Britain's Got Talent as a judge, but who's going to join him?”, give me strength.
Well VM are not of the press.They are more of the provider of entertainment so they have to promote the TV productions that make money for them via advertisements.So I think you are being a tad harsh there myself.
Also VM do not send out masses of journos to find out salacious facts like the press do.No comparison to be made I'm afraid.