View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 00:37   #1
Jemzor
Inactive

Jemzor is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media denying installation

Evening all

I've been trying to get Virgin Media down to my home to confirm if they can install TV, telephone and broadband in my flat.

I live in a recently built gated development and have fibre optic cables outside the development. After a site visit and exchange of e-mails and photos, I am now being told that the building which I live in is located too far away from the road to draw a cable into the building. The distance from the black fence (adjacent to the pavement) to the face of the building is 10m.

Apparently there already was a VM cable running to the previous property before it was demolished and the cable would have been terminated somewhere by the black fence shown in the photos. However with this new build, the building is set back a few metres from its original position, hence why the VM man is now saying it's too far to pull in a cable.

It all seems a bit far fetched to me - we're only talking about digging up a strip of a couple more metres in the garden. I've even worked out the most suitable cable route options.

There are no other issues stopping the installation. The block consists of 4 flats, which I am told is OK to draw a cable to.

Is there any truth to what he's saying about the distance and who would you suggest I speak to in VM if I want to escalate this?

I've included some photos. The flat is located directly above the drive-through. The cable pit in the road is located adjacent to the black gate on the right (see 3rd photo).

Would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks.

Jemzor is offline   Reply With Quote