View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 17:04   #8
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Equifax data breach affects millions in UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Only if you use the same login details for equifax as you do elsewhere. If you don't already use a password manager like LastPass with random long passwords individual to each site you use now is the time to start.

It's things like your name, address, DOB, who you have accounts with and what you owe/are in credit etc they might have access to. Unless you've given credit card details directly to Equifax they won't be at risk.
Thanks. I don't have many online accounts and use different login passwords for all of them as I do with our email accounts. So it seems those who're actual customers of Equifax are potentially going to have worse problems, especially if they've not been careful about passwords etc. as you've mentioned.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

I'm forever being asked to sign up for online banking when I go into the bank and always tell them I'm not interested. Next time they do so I'm going to refer to this debacle when I say for the umpteenth time that I don't want any online accounts.

I appreciate that if my bank's systems are compromised then our data could be at risk but there's nothing I can do about that. What I can do something about is refusing to conduct my life online although I believe HMRC for one is intent on making that harder to do.

Last edited by Osem; 09-09-2017 at 17:07.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote