View Single Post
Old 27-03-2017, 06:57   #985
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Again, he immediately set out to get the laws changed by Congress. Congress could not agree to garner enough support to get the bill passed so he pulled it. He has years left to try again, it's not immediate, but the attempt is there!!!!
If you can't see the problem in that then there is no hope for you at all.

---------- Post added at 06:57 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
ok, stepping away from the metaphors,Trump said "We [the Republican Party] will immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare" he didn't say "We will try and set out to immediately repeal and replace ObamaCare if my colleagues will let me" which is what you seem to be implying he said.
Sky views has an interesting commentary this morning

http://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-...erica-10815339

Quote:
The police chief of the country's second-biggest city says women in Latino communities have stopped reporting sexual assault and domestic violence for fear of drawing attention to their immigration status.
Quote:
Similarly that uncertainty over the future of healthcare has led to some - among them Mr Trump's backers - cancelling operations because they fear their insurance disappearing overnight and leaving them with a massive bill.

Remember, no insurance plus serious illness often equals bankruptcy in the Land of the Free.
and this little gem

Quote:
Mr Trump's response to even that failing was to walk away, blaming others and warning his countrymen of the doom that lies ahead.

He told a reporter this week: "I can't be doing so badly, because I'm president and you're not."