Thread: Shock, Horror.
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 23:03   #5
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Shock, Horror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Love that review too (4*):
Quote:
A fairly decent timepiece. I felt it was slightly overpriced, but if, like me, you have 300K burning a hole in your pocket then it's worth a punt. As the item suggests, this is a Minute Repeater, as in it repeats minutes. I can confirm that it does this effectively.
The strap is made of crocodile, so you know it's good. The minute and hour hands are made out of the whiskers of snow-leopards, and the mechanism itself is powered by the teardrops of baby pandas. This all makes for good timekeeping.
So why not 5 stars? Mainly, it's the image on the face of the watch. It appears to be of a circus; you have the usual circus sights of dancing bears, clowns, ballerinas and a guy hitting a tiger with a stick, but there is no tight-rope walker. This is a glaring ommission.
In these challenging financial times, you could be forgiven for thinking it foolhardy to spend 300K on a watch, but if you are in need of a quality timepiece displaying a circus scene (and you can forgive the lack of tight rope walker) then you could do alot worse.
Also arrived in good 'time' - thanks Amazon!
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote