View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 17:51   #156
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Guardian: "Sky Atlantic won't be on Virgin Media soon, says BSkyB boss"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahardie View Post
Ignition none of that makes any sense. Sky have loads and loads of money, VM are heavily in debt.

As for VM being offered the content can you prove that, I can't believe you have swallowed that line. Sky advertised the channel months ahead of launch as exclusive. They even said in a press release the channel was to create a difference between the content they offer and other channels offer.
VM aren't 'heavily' in debt at all, that would be struggling to pay the bills. VM's total debt is more than sustainable now and they are generating considerable amounts of cash while paying their interest bill and are actively paying back their debt - read their results.

I didn't say that VM had been offered this content I said that Sky have in the past offered to sell their content via VM's platform and VM refused. By that I mean the same deal that TalkTalk TV have where Sky pay for access to the platform and the customer pays Sky.

---------- Post added at 17:51 ---------- Previous post was at 17:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
We all know sky have shed loads of money to bid for content VM on the other hand are in debt, work it out for yourself why VM did not enter a bidding war for the content rightly so in my view.
Easy, they're happy for Sky to pay for the content and them to go crying to Ofcom if Sky won't sell it to them or charge too much for it.