View Single Post
Old 26-04-2015, 20:28   #276
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Another USA company offers a online tv package http://www.aftvnews.com/cablevision-...utter-package/
so far that's verizon, cablevision and dish network.
Comcast and time warner will announce theirs later in the year.
Direct tv are also expected to make a announcement soon.
Theone, you are pretty knowledgeable on most things TV (both here and in the states) related.

With these new streaming services launching in the states do you now how much they will cost? Also, do you know how much a top tier TV package equivalent to VM or Sky costs per month?

I genuinely wonder whether cord cutting will actually be a cost effective option in the future, and would like to try find out what the price difference between the two options are.

If you don't know, that's cool. I am just curious as to the costs.

In terms of discussion in relation to the thread, I will throw a couple more pennies in the pot!

In ten years time, IF cord cutting becomes the way forward and people just pay for the services of one company just to watch one series and then cancel said service for a number of months whilst they wait for the next season, I can imagine the TV companies forcing people to take minimum term contracts to stop people abusing the system.
As such (based on my idiotic thoughts), in 10 years I think it will be considerably pricier to pay for numerous streaming services opposed to my current monthly fee to watch all the same content now I could potentially watch simply by changing channel.

Also, the thought of having to stop one app, load another up and look for the relevant program will take much longer and more hassle than simply changing channel on TiVo/Sky equivalent.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote