View Single Post
Old 23-02-2024, 13:19   #36
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Chaos in the Commons. Will the Speaker survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I’m not questioning the appropriateness - I’m here and active.

I’m only positing what would the news headlines have been had Hoyle done his job correctly and (in all likelihood) the SNP motion failed.

It’d have been how many MPs - specifically Labour MPs - backed it.

Some estimates had the number of potential Labour backers at 90. It’d have been how much authority does Starmer have over his party. Is his fence sitting tenable? Etc.

The Speaker handed out a big get out of jail free card, at the expense of the SNP and due process.
The motions were all variants of the same thing. The SNP motion was at the Hamza Yousaf end of the spectrum, the Tory motion was at the diplomacy end of the spectrum and the Labour motion was concocted by the tail wagging the dog ahead of the GE. The Speaker should have allowed due process to bring this fiasco of a motion to a conclusion.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote