Thread: 100M The end is nigh
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2012, 00:31   #17
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: The end is nigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post
I had ADSL installed by BT just after it came out, previously on dial-up, hey I go back a bit. First modem was an Acoustic Coupler which was surprisingly good considering you had to stuff your phone handset into it.

No, BT FTTP fibre to the premises, I don't want to know telephone wires after the hassle with adsl.
I was reading that BT have come up with a solution whereby they connect fibre to the cabinet which means that they are going to be able to roll it out much sooner than they originally planned.

I meant if its that old didnt you ask for a repull or have them check the cables?

From whats been said on here FTTP will cost you a bit. If your willing to pay thats up to you but if i was you and BT infinity was available to you id get in touch with them explain your previous issues, not VM. and say youll join if they sort you out a new repull from the cabinet. you could then try sneak in if they agree a repull for FTTP. wont be part of the free install but if they agree to a repull then paying extra for the change in cables might not be as much. MAYBE! no harm in trying.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote