Thread: PS3 Noise
View Single Post
Old 18-11-2009, 03:44   #1
dannyboy91uk
Inactive

Services: Sky World TV Sky +/Sky HD 100 MB Virgin Broadband.
dannyboy91uk is an unknown quantity at this point
PS3 Noise

Hello I am here again, but this time it's about a PS3 bundle I bought in October from Game Station. I'm not usually fussy over consoles because I never usually seem to have major problems with them. I was told when I bought the PS3 that the 250gb model is quiet, It's definitely not quiet to say the least.

The discs seem to be spinning so fast I can hear a constant noise, the fan seems to be working overtime and a nice symbol which looks like dust seems to be doing a union jack when I remove them from the console. I don't know if this is normal for a 250GB Sony PS3 console but I can't be sure, I've also had a problem with the console crashing when I press the Sony home button. I've been told that is a problem everyone seem to be having with the firmware update.

I have 5 games at the moment and it doesn't make as much noise as it does on Fifa 10 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, the other 3 games make a noise but it doesn't sound half as bad as it does on the 2 games stated above (the symbol still seems to be there though). I would take pictures of the discs but it's quite hard to show the markings on my mobile.
dannyboy91uk is offline   Reply With Quote