View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 14:55   #3013
OF1975
Inactive

OF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enoughOF1975 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Holy moly, I dont post or read for a few days because of a being unwell and I come back to find I missed about 700 posts LOL You all been busy. I am glad to see the fight against Phorm is still raging on.

Keep up the good fight Alexander and thank you for all your hard work on this. I cant make the meeting but I am hugely reassured that you will be there to give them hell.

Contrary to what the "astroturfer" said [my guess is it was a PR bod or other Phorm employee trying to distract everyone with something irrelevant or maybe even a disgruntled investor?] this battle is NOT won and we must continue the fight. A great many people have spent many hours posting, writing letters, telling friends, colleagues and acquaintances about the dangers Phorm represents. I thank each and everyone of you.

[ Relatives of Winston Churchill please forgive me for this....]

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight for everyone,
we shall fight on the news sites and blogs
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in our cause, we shall defend our privacy, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight in the media,
we shall fight online,
we shall fight in chat rooms,
we shall fight in courts;
we shall never surrender

Viva la resistance!

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

I just submitted the following two questions to the downing street site for Home Secretary Jacqui Smith to hopefully answer:

"BT recently admitted to carrying out secret trials without permission or consent from over 18000 of their customers in 2006 and 2007. Given that they did not have consent from their customers for this trial of technology provided by an ex-spyware company called Phorm, when will the Home Secretary order the police to launch an investigation into these criminally illegal interceptions under Section 1 of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA), Section 3 of the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

If the Home Secretary will not order such an investigation, is this because she believes large corporations such as BT should be above the law and immune from prosecution?"