View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 18:38   #9
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Constant T3 + T4 timeouts - Area issue?

there is a 90% chance that is good news because it means they have identified an area fault which they assume is the reason for your symptoms and they have cancelled the visit because they know it is a problem higher up the network which is going to be fixed. That being said, I have heard of them making a boo boo in the past (hence the 90%) where they cancelled all tech visits even for problems which weren't associated with the area fault so there is a small chance your problem isn't going to be fixed and this is only delaying it.

If I were you I would keep your TBB graph going, watch for the outage on 22nd and when your connection comes back up look at your shub stats to see if you have been moved to a new channel group (e.g. channels 131-150 instead of 1-20) and what the power levels are. You'll need to give your graph a good 24 hours to see if there is any difference.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote