View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 17:55   #75
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Gift to VM employees/agency workers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Still waiting for a reply...
Apologies, I have been taking my first ever break in Snowdonia for the last week or so (beautiful place btw, I do recommend it to anyone)

I have answered your question as far as I am able to within the confines of commercial sensitivity and corporate confidentiality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Are you real (I've asked that before)?

You'd be doing the same thing as VM did but with even less justification. Your "generosity" would underwhelm anyone.

Or were you being sarcastic?
Yes, being perfectly serious. Rather than waste the books, it would be a nice gesture to give the unwanted books as presents to the disadvantaged. It may possibly be the only gift that they receive (even if they don't read it, the act of giving shows them that someone cares).

Just because someone has become homeless doesn't mean they are not intelligent or that they necessarily have literacy problems.

Why do you believe that this is a bad idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I wonder if that applies to someone made homeless after losing their jobs because a customer persistently complained on forums about something they did or forgot to do which led to them being sacked.
The charity is non judgemental, so yes, they would be helped and offered a gift on Christmas day if they met the qualifying conditions.

Anyone dismissed by their employer because of misconduct, capability or attitudinal problems would not be precluded from receiving our assistance.