View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:58   #24
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: The Digital Switchover (Winter Hill, Granada)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj_abi View Post
Ehhh... did yet-another-retune this morning... too right I've got more services than before... I've got bbc Wales, ITV wales and S4C..... to name but a few.. got other duplicated channels too which means (and it's true) that I'm living right on the cusp of two transmitters... I'm thinking that some people will be just as 'WHA?!' as I was.... however, I'll do another retune later on just to be sure (all the channels function except for the Welsh-inflicted ones - bad words to use, but the only ones that make sense in this situation)
I used to be able (years ago) to watch HTV in reasonable quality and our local church only used to be able to get all the welsh channels.... so, with only being about three or four miles away now to back then, I'm not surprised I can pick up what I can...

I'm also guessing that others are picking up the Welsh transmissions over Winter Hill transmitions too and I don't know if there's a cure for that... or a workaround - I reckon there's an answer out there but we don't know it yet...
Best thing to do is to delete all channels before doing a retune. You can avoid duplicates and unwanted channels (on my box anyway) by doing a manual retune and just tuning in to the muxes that give you the best signal quality.

There's more information here Type in your post code and tick 'I'm in the installation trade', and it will give you the available transmitters and relevant channels for your location.

Edit: also, on my box, it helps to delete the channels, then do an automatic retune with the aerial disconnected and save the results, to absolutely make sure all the old channels are gone before doing a final retune with the aerial connected.