View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 02:23   #19
squirrel1970
Inactive

squirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of lightsquirrel1970 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Digital Switchover (Winter Hill, Granada)

I just retuned our freeview box... well, ok, it's on its third retune in the last hour. The channels are sort-of appearing, but I'll give it another retune in the morning... seems some of the channels aren't where they're supposed to be and I'm too tired to fight with it right now :-p

The thing is (and it should be pointed out) some digiboxes will need to go through the retuning process more than once... why? because if you've got a box like ours (built in hdd recorder, single tuner and three years old) it's going to need the extra to ensure that the retune has stuck... my mother has a similar box to ours, but hers crashes every time she retunes so, we've told her to let it run the first time, then when it crashes, switch it off at the wall socket for five minutes and then to switch it back on and retune again.... a further retune afterwards tends to iron out the creases...
In fact, I'm expecting my mother to phone in the morning to query why all her normal tv has gone off... I expect it because I know what shes' like!

Come to think about it, I havent watched any analogue tv at home ever... it's always been digital... by one means or another... thanks largely to assuming there was no aeriel cable and there was, but it was too short to do much... I know I extended it with the coaxial from an old cheap indoor aeriel bought at tesco for £2 and we've had the sweetest picture *ever* since... our freeview box certainly appreciated it after an indoor aeriel with a booster thing on it failed spectacularly...!!

Ahh.. the joys of digital and the trouble I've gone through to get it....
squirrel1970 is offline   Reply With Quote