View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 16:40   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Laser Eye Surgery - Anyone had it?

I had it done Jan 2010 at my local Optimax, near me there's a Optimax, Ultralase, and Optical express, so I suggest get on their spam mail list and sooner or later you'll get an offer that's very good, I got Intralase Wavefront LASIK treatment from Optimax 9at the time the best treatment available i think) 1/2 price with 12 months interest free credit, the all do different deals now and again, some also do open days where you can look round, ask questions etc.

I didn't go to an open day but made an appointment on the phone for an initial consultation, where they first check your eyes to see if you're suitable, if you are, the explain the different procedures, cost advantages, disadvantages etc of each one. I seem to remember that took an hour or so, then the end of the week or maybe following week I was treated.

the one I chose for example meant you got done Friday morning, rest weekend, back to work Monday! Not everyone is suitable for all treatments though, so the ones with longer healing time may be only option.

Spent more time in the waiting room than being treated! From what I remember day of surgery they did more checks, make me sign waiver that if it all goes horribly wrong and I'm blind, I can sue etc, then was treated, which took 10 mins maybe? horrible smell as eye is being burned, sat in dark room for 30 mins I think, then put on sunglasses and was taken home!

Sat morning, had check up, all was fine.

spent next few weeks/months taking various eye drops, first few days 3 lots, anti biotics, moisturising eye drops, and pain killers, then ant biotics and moisturing for a week or so, then took moisturising ones for a couple of months I think?

in next 2 or 3 months I think i had 2 check ups before being discharged.

Best few grand I've ever spent, when you think about how much you spend on glass/contacts. Although remember, as I was told when I was at the consultation, as you get older your eye may naturally deteriorate, so sooner or later I may need to get reading glasses, but they said off the shelf ones would most likely be fine.

Recently I had an eye test, at a different optician, rather than where they did surgery, and optician said they had done an excellent job, eye sight was perfect. Not everyone gets 20/20 vision after, but pretty close.

Any more questions, ask away

re the above post, my sister in law says she has trouble driving at night, she had the cheapest treatment done, I have no trouble driving at night,
admars is offline   Reply With Quote