View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 07:47   #6
damien c
cf.mega poster

Services: Tivo, 100mb, Mobile
damien c has reached the bronze age
damien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze agedamien c has reached the bronze age
Re: Sapphire hd 7850 oc 2gb gddr5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayster View Post
Looks like the the prices might start to drop shortly as it looks like amd are finally dropping the price of the 7900 cards.
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=18392298

Personally if It was me I would wait a bit and see what other offerings nvidia come out with.
Yeah they are dropping the prices, and will probably drop abit more once the mid range keplar cards come out.

The annoying thing is that the GTX 680 which I have was apparently meant to be the GTX 660ti but, it performed to good and Nvidia didn't want to release it at the price point for that card which was apparently supposed to be around £250, so they rebadged it the 680 but that is rumours so I will take it with a pinch of salt still annoying though.

Apparently the mid range Keplar card's are due to start arriving around June time, and will cause further drops in prices on the Nvidia GTX 5xx card's as well as the AMD 7 and 6 series card's.

@OP

It is up to you if you want to wait or just jump in now and get a card but there is a wide variety of choices that really you cannot go wrong with at the moment.

The AMD 7 series card's are really good and I was concidering the 7970 myself until I saw the review for the GTX 680, as I prefer to buy the best high end card with the potential of adding a 2nd card in the future.

Apparently the "Real" Keplar card's are due out the end of this year early next year, which apparently according to rumours AMD have not got anything in the pipeline that will come close to it including there dual gpu cards.

If really does depend on how long you want the card to last you and what you want it to do really as to which card you get.

Also don't forget that if you go for AMD 7 series card or Nvidia 6 series card, to get the full potential from it you need a PCI-E 3.0 board, and if you go for a Intel based board you will need ideally a Z77 board and a Ivy Bridge cpu when released, not sure if AMD have anything on the market at the moment to fully utilise the PCI-E 3.0 interface.